This is a little project that I just threw together today without doing any shopping or any driving. It's low budget and doesn't require a lot of materials. You can't beat that!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 frame
- butterfly hole puncher
- 1 sheet of card stock
- 1 grocery size brown paper bag (I got mine at WinCo)
- wheat grass or anything similar
- glue stick
The easy steps:
- First cut out the paper bag to match the size of the glass in your frame, then crumple a couple of times and then stretch and flatten out on the back base of your frame.
- Next, arrange your wheat grass on top of the brown paper until you have your desired look complete (I found that less wheat grass looked better since it emphasized more of the leaves against the paper bag)
- Place your punched out butterflies behind the wheat grass and then glue down on paper bag.
- Now set your glass over the arrangement of butterflies and wheat grass and trim any excess grass sticking out from the side with your scissors. Now you can finish by placing the glass and backing in your frame and viola!
p.s. If you look closely you can see my silhouette in the frame. Have a lovely day!