Saturday, July 9, 2011

south lake tahoe

 Matt and I decided to go on a little camping trip this week, to well, you know... get away from it all. I do admit, things have been a little up in the air these past few days, and it seems like we've been super busy around the apartment. So to cool off and relax, we went to Tahoe for a couple of days to get some fresh air in our lungs.


 We were lucky to find such a good camp site that was inexpensive and didn't need a reservation.








 After settling in at our camp site we did a little exploring.










Since I forgot to pack pots and pans, I had to make a little pot out of tinfoil.




 The next day we hiked to Cascade Falls.










Then we went to a near-by beach to relax.


After having no luck with the fish....




we watched the beautiful sun set.








The next day we hiked down to Vikingsholm, which is an old Scandinavian styled home right on the beach.
















 It was definitely one of our favorite architectural buildings.












 Much of the mansion was under renovation.

  








 We had a great time, but I'm glad to be back home where I can take a shower and snuggle with my cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment